Wednesday, March 31, 2010

Mr Pibb and the Citrus Band

57. Mr. Pibb (B-) Failed attempt at a Dr. Pepper knock-off. It's an ok drink, but the apprentice didn't succeed the master in this case.
58. Pibb Xtra (B-) Adding cinnamon didn't make it better. Sorry :(
59. Surge (C) Once again we have a soda that looks like pee and once again we have a soda that tries to match it's predecessor, Mt Dew, and fails. That's why it isn't made anymore.
60. Sprite (B) What I drink when I don't want to be up all night. The best of the clear citrus brands.
61. Sprite Zero (B-) No sugar, but doesn't fall to far from the original.
62. Slice (B-) It's ok. Nothing special that makes me wanna go buy a pack. If it's at a party, I'll drink it but I'd probably drink something else first.
63. Slice Mandarin Orange (B-) Just a little bit better than regular Slice.
64. Sierra Mist (B-) Not on par with Sprite. Not bad, but not equal.
65. Diet Sierra Mist (C) My wife seems to like it. That's why there's always two different sodas in the fridge, cuz she drinks what I won't.
66. Sierra Mist Free (C) Giving it a different name didin't make it better. Sorry PepsiCo.
67. Sierra Mist Cranberry Splash (B) I like cranberry juice so I dug this idea. Too bad it's a limited thing.
68. Diet Sierra Mist Cranberry Splash (C-) Not as fond of this one. It can stay seasonal.
69. Sierra Mist Ruby Splash (C-) I can't stand grapefruit juice.
70. Diet Sierra Mist Ruby Splash (D) This is even worse. No sugar to dampen the nasty grapefruit.
71. 7-UP (B) The closest thing to Sprite's equal.
72. Diet 7-UP (C) Nope. Not feelin it.
73. Cherry 7-UP (A-) I love this drink so much that I added grenadine to my 7-UP while I worked at O'Charleys. Of course I did that BEFORE they did. Damn PepsiCo for stealing my ideas!
74. Cherry 7-UP Antioxidant (A-) Made a good drink a little "healthier" by adding Vitamin E. OOH! AHH!
75. Pomegranate 7-UP (B) Tasty but not as good as the Cherry version.
76. Diet Cherry 7-UP (C-) Why must everyone ruin the delicious qualities of a cherry soda by taking the sugar away? The 8th Deadly Sin.
77. dnL (B-) It ain't clear and it ain't an equal blend of lemon & lime. Add more lime and it shifts the color of the soda. Soda Chemistry 101

No comments:

Post a Comment